Next session: Thursdays, June 1-July 6, 2017
Creative writing workshop_Summer 2017
There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person. – Anaïs Nin
Our bodies contain stories. Experiences tucked under each arm, filed between your ribs and rolled into the bowl of your pelvis. For some, the urge to tell these stories – any stories – is a necessary mercy. This workshop is designed to help you release and share these stories with confidence and (brace yourselves) even joy.
You should join us if
- You write (or would like to write) fiction, creative non-fiction or personal writing of any kind (the structure of the workshop won’t be helpful to poets, playwrights or business writers, sorry)
- You’d like to develop your critical skills in order to become a better writer and learn how to revise your own work
- You’d like to be part of a community of creative people who support and inspire one another
No writing experience required. In fact, you don’t even need an idea! Just a willingness to dive into the experience.
What you can expect
- Discussion about how to structure writing, how to develop characters and plot, and what constitutes good writing
- Writing exercises and prompts to spark your creativity
- Reading other students’ work and giving constructive feedback
- Learning how to receive feedback and ask productive questions
Maximum of 4 students, so don’t waffle.
When and where?
Every Thursday evening, starting June 1, 2017 from 6-9PM. Last session: July 6, 2017.
Location: My kitchen table, tea and snacks included. Near Laurier Metro.
$210, taxes included. Receipts provided.
To make your deposit by PayPal, click here:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself. Tell me about your goals for taking this workshop and send me a short writing sample (if you’re inclined to share).
- Once I give you the go, make a deposit of $100 (PayPal or email transfer) before the first class. Balance will be due by the beginning of the third class (June 21). Cash and cheques also accepted.
Nice things people say about Adriana
Adriana has an innate ability to see the structure within a sentence, a paragraph or an entire piece of writing and immediately know where and how to tweak it. She makes the mediocre extraordinary, and does it with passion, smarts and a conspiratorial sense of creativity.
C.J. Lefebvre – Graphic designer, illustrator, writer
Adriana was the word fairy that I needed. She knows where and when to wave her magic wand, and always in full awareness and respectful of the original text. I understood her true magic when I reread the completely revised text and realized how well she had adapted to the style and spirit of the author; it had been easy to forget that the Adriana fairy had been there at all.
For more about C.J., visit Asha and the Spiritz.com.